Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nathan's Going to Oregon! Spanish Speaking...

Well, family, seeing as I just spoke to you yesterday, I don't have a TON to say except for this, that you are so fun to talk to!  Thanks for the fun 40 minutes, I LOVED IT! :)  Um... and it was so EPIC!  Man, Nathan, you're going to be the best missionary that Oregon has ever SEEN.  And you're going to love it.
 
This is bits and pieces of the letter I wrote to president today:
 
Dear President,

I don't know if I've seen as many miracles in one week as I have in this one.  We came in here with nothing and God just loves us so much and poured blessings on us that I can't even count them!  We had eleven lessons!  That's amazing!  We were teaching people left and right.  One morning as we went out to street teach/ contact, we had three lessons in about 2 hours, one right after the next and gave away the two book of mormons we had and helped three pretty amazing souls come closer to Christ!  Sister Young got her feel of the first lesson just that morning in companionship study, and so it was awesome to see her put it to practice!  She's so amazing!  She has the normal trainee-frustrations of not speaking the language and adjusting to about a million things - I had forgotten how hard it was to adjust that first couple weeks... they're a bit horrible!  Haha!

What I've learned?  Well, this is from a different story, but I saw an elderly couple in the tramwaj the other day and they just looked radiant.  They were smiling from ear to ear.  So, (because it's hard to contact with my trainee on public-transportation...it's just awkward and we're working on being brave!) I walked over to them and just stated, 'The Mr. and Mrs. look very happy!  How long have you two been together?'  They said their oldest child is 60 years old and they have a 16 year old great grand daughter!  They were beaming and so kind!  I asked them what their secret is to being this old and happy and still together.  They said 'don't stress!'  and 'be healthy' and 'don't get drunk/ don't drink' and you could tell they were family people, and also the husband let the wife sit as he stood next to her, and he's not all together young, you know, so it wasn't easy for him to let her have the seat... but you could see they respected and loved one another.  We ran into them again later that night and waved at them and they blew us kisses... Aw, president, I love these people!  I love people in GENERAL!  God really does have a place for everyone in his huge heart and I'm grateful he's letting me grow mine a bit bigger!

I know God is there, he's watching out for each and every one of us!
Love where you are and what you're doing, it's the best decision you can make!
Love,
Sister Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment