Thursday, February 23, 2012

Seek Ye First


             You know I'm so antsy to get out of here and start learning Polish, but in the meanwhile, I really should do as the Lord counselled Hyrum Smith in D&C 11:21 when He said,
 "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea the power of God unto the convincing of men."  
             Instead of trying to learn Polish, or simply being antsy, I really feel the need to study the doctrine, get into the scriptures, and try to understand the gospel at a stronger level.  I've been taught the gospel all (almost) 21 years of my life, so you'd think I know it by now.  However, knowing it for yourself, and knowing it enough to teach someone else is a completely different ball-game.  I have to know it well enough for it to apply to someone else in their unique circumstances, with their unique doubts, fears, and strengths as well.
             Just a few weeks ago I was asked to give a talk with the High Council Member from our ward, Brother McCoard, and I was able to give a talk about remembering and about good, better, and best.  I talked about priorities and how we need to seek first the kingdom of God and then all other things will fall into place. (3 Nephi, 13:33).  I think this also ties into that first scripture I sighted.  In our lives we really do need to prioritize!
             So What:  Alright, so at the end of each of these spiritual thoughts, I want to add a 'So What' portion.  - What am I going to do about it?  What should you do about it?  What are you doing well right now in this area?  Where could you improve?
            Well, I want to once again set a goal to make sure I feel the Spirit in the MORNING, through scripture study and prayer.  I want this to be my FIRST priority, the FIRST thing I do when I wake up!


No comments:

Post a Comment