Friday, June 8, 2012

Breaks, Birds, and Blessings


     Sorry everyone this is late. This is Ambers mother. I was out of town and couldn't remember Ambers silly email to set this up!    
 WAIT!  So is the Allen Family reunion still going on right now!?  If it is, HELLO everyone!  I wrote a letter for you to read at the family reunion because I thought it was this weekend and then this week, and that you'd get the letter I gave to Sister Lamb last Tuesday...but sounds like you didn't get it because I ran into Sister Nanette Lamb this morning up by the temple!  That was fun, gave her a hug and got some news about the family and stuff.  So dad, you have to fly back out to MA?  No good, I'm sorry!  I prayed that your poles would come, I guess it was supposed to happen for some reason, right?  Share the gospel when you go back out there, maybe someone on the plane needs to hear from you! :)
       Alright, so Allen Family, I see these pictures and get a tiny bit jealous!  Looks like a blast!  I'm glad we have a fun family, and that we all know eachother and that we can smile and throw...mud?...pudding?  at eachother and still be friends!  Haha... Nella, so you got baptized this last weekend, right?!  I love you and I'm so proud of you!  And thanks for doing your school report on Poland, I'd love to hear about it!   Teancum, thanks for your message about the food, I've heard SO much about the food, and I'm excited to taste it for myself!  Goldie!  I am so glad you love books!  I love you too!  Syd, haha, no I think Archuletta left the week before I came in, or he was here for only a few days that I was here, because I never saw him, and I know he's out in the field now.  Hey and I love you TONZ too!  Katherine and Nephi, thanks for saying hi!  Nephi, no haven't had to put my companions in head locks yet.  One of them says she's put me in a head lock a few times, though... haha...These sisters are really the best, though!
        Last week in the subject line I talked about purple keys and didn't share the story...SO funny story times:  I was going to the bathroom...and saw this key in the bottom of the toilet...haha...oh, we are so weird... so I told Sister Ostler it was in there after I had finished my business.  She then we decided one of us should get the key out of the toilet.  Sister Ostler did it...with her bare hands...haha the key was probably in there for a long time, cuz it's purple.  Don't worry, we sanitized it... and I want to find the door it unlocks, that'd be SO COOL!
        Next funny story... so last night at Devotional, I was sitting there writing in my notes.  The opening musical number was 'Come Thou Fount' and I love the part where it says 'Take my heart, oh take and seal it, seal it for thy courts on high.'  So I just wrote 'TAKE MY HEART' in really big letters and decorated around it and was coloring it in with some colored pencils.  Well...this elder behind me apparently saw that message, 'take my heart' and took it upon himself to write a note back to me... even though I wasn't writing to him in the first place...He took out his planner and wrote, 'OKAY :)' then tapped me on the shoulder to show me his message!  I didn't really get it at first, but then made the connection and kind of chuckled awkwardly and turned back around to listen to the speaker as he and his buddies just laughed behind me...  WHAT!  And then later, after the devotional, one of them "dropped" a piece of paper and asked me if it was mine... I couldn't believe this was happening... I opened it and it said, "Write me maybe?" then it had the elder's e-mail address and hearts and lips drawn on the paper.  Um weirdo!  Yeah, so I showed our elders and they asked if they needed to go rough the kid up for me.  I feel protected, thanks Elders :) 
       Not so funny story...but it sticks out in my mind...on Saturday, the three of us went outside after a lesson because we were pretty excited about just teaching in Polish and that it went well.  We were so excited that we were giddy and being loud and so we decided to be loud outside instead of inturrupting our elders.  Well we were walking and all of a sudden we hear this huge BANG!  We look over and this guy had ran straight into the fence infront of the MTC on his BIKE.   Like head on, full speed, his bike broke, one wheel was further away from the bike, and he was crumpled on the ground.  Our mouths dropped open and our eyes got wide and we hurried and said a little group prayer.  It was frightening, and he was moaning...then we realized he'd broken a BENCH in half too!  Just yesterday we asked the security guys in the front of the MTC if they knew what happened to the guy.  They said they think he was okay - we saw he WAS wearing a helmet, so that was good - and that he'd disengaged his breaks earlier so that no one would steal his bike, and had forgotten to put them back together.  So he came down that hill, from up by the temple, and couldn't stop.  Crazy!
        One more funny story: We were playing volleyball and I was sort of wrestling the ball away from Sister Ostler on the sand and all of a sudden Sister Howells came out of nowhere and dogpiled us.  My face went STRAIGHT into the sand.  I came up with a mouth and nose full of sand.  It was the weirdest sensation, I really don't think it's ever happened to me before.  I was spitting for a good five minutes, went and washed my mouth out...and had sand in my nose for the next day and a half - haha, it was just fun :) and everyone had a good laugh!
        O.k. well, Saturday was really REALLY great.  We all promised to try to speak ONLY POLISH ALL DAY!  It was AWESOME, let me tell you.  I was more focused, I remembered more words, our lesson went better, and I felt SO exhausted and my head hurt pretty bad at the end of the day.  But I'm pretty sure that I only spoke about 40 words or less in English for 24 hours... how cool is that!  Also, I feel pretty excited that I have the First Vision memorized in Polish.  I got to recite it infront of our whole class because I was the only one who had it memorized.  I really didn't think I could do it, for some reason, and I was sure someone else would get to it before me, but I did it!  Awesome...
        So, basically I feel really blessed, with a lot of things!  There are lots of birds on MTC grounds, and I love to watch them.  The trees here are gorgeous.  It's just pretty and I can see the blessings all around me!  I'm grateful for my family and friends that sent me letters this week, as well as all of you praying for me!  I'm so, SO grateful and I feel your love.
       I felt blessed to be able to be a 'HOST' this week.  A host gets to spend about 3 hours on Wednesday helping new missionaries find their rooms and get their books, etc.  I knew that Hannah Belnap would be coming in that day and was hoping I could host her.  Then when the man in charge of us hosts told us to grab someone if we knew them, I was super excited.  I got to host Sister Belnap!  She was so happy, wearing high heals, and a big smile!  It was fun to see her.  Rachiel Asay is also here with us, and it's pretty cool to be here at the same time as them!
       I want to tell you that I pray for you and that I love ya!  I feel like my prayers are more specific here on a mission, that I really mean it...not that I didn't before, but now that I'm away from you all, I pray with...more intent maybe?  I challenge you to pray with full intent, really mean it, and pray for people by name and ask for something specific.  I've been studying the hymns lately and really liked #191, look it up.  Our Savior is amazing, He truly lived and will come again!  Aaah!  So much more I want to say, but time is up!
 
Love you, love you, love you!
- Siostra Amber Allen -
P.S. did I tell you that I love you?  I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment