Monday, November 19, 2012

Snow White and the 7 Dwarves

So... I just wrote like a whole paragraph of good stuff but part of
this computer's brain isn't working, so I hope this ends up working
today!  Aaah!

First of all, JENNY IS GOING ON A MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I
LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  So cool, sista!  And to the Dominican Republic, my
cousin Shannon went there... if I'm not mistaken - you should ask her
about it!

Second of all, I have a NEW COUSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bridger?  Awesome!
Man, Goldie may be feeling a little lonely right now, tell her that I
felt her pain, but that boys are the BEST!  And she should be happy!

 Aaaah.... life, it comes at you SO FAST.  I can't
believe how fast time is flying, like seriously, this is crazy.  It
doesn't even feel like MONDAY yet, and yet here I am sitting at a
computer e-mailing again... crazy.

This week was AMAZING.  We achieved some really high goals and it was
only because we had the faith to set them.  I can't tell you how much
setting goals and just BELIEVING in them makes SUCH a huge difference.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  Sister Bezdjian (have I
told you how to pronounce that yet?  - Bez Jen - like the beginning of
Jenny's name) is so good at this setting goals stuff and just SHOOTING
for it.  She also gets really excited and stoked to meet the goals and
that's half the fun.

When you can get motivated and excited about the work then things like
THIS happen:
I felt like we should go talk to the lady who runs the parking lot
around the corner from our chapel.  We go over there and chat with
her, her name is Basia (said BASHA) and she took a book of mormon,
agreed to read and pray about it, and as she flipped through it right
there with us she told us that her DAUGHTER's name is ALMA!  There are
NO coincidences, my friends!  LOVE IT!

Then Sister Bezdjian felt like we should drop in on a mom who has five
kids and just hasn't had time to meet yet, but was contacted like a
year ago for the first time.  We dropped in, she was HOME! set up and
asked for a referral - we ALWAYS are supposed to ask for referrals
from EVERYONE... and she said to go upstairs and talk with the people
right above her... well we do, and we get ANOTHER family, with three
kids.  The one little boy said to me, 'Jaki pani ma włosy?' - or
something like that, which meant like, 'do you have hair?' or 'what
does your hair look like?' - because I had a hat on over my bun... I
realized what he was saying and took off my hat, then he goes 'Oh!
Jaki włos!' which is like, 'wow nice hair!'  I had a braid in front
and a cool bun in back, it was just a fun conversation with a 9 year
old, I shouldn't be that excited about it, but it was fun.  We asked
his little sister how old she was, and she goes 'cztery!' - she's
four... so cute!  They're all super chubby kids and awe man, so
excited to teach them.

Then we had to have four recent convert or less active members by the
end of Sunday evening, but Sunday morning came around and we only had
ONE... so we had to get 3 in one day...so I was praying hard and
thinking hard and we got one right after church with a girl Agnieszka
who I wasn't thinking would make it to church, but did, and we got to
meet with her right after the block of meetings... THEN we went to
Bożena's house and she wasn't answering her phone OR domophone...but
we kept ringing and kept waiting and finally she answered and let us
up!  Two down... one left... and we had about used up all our options
- don't have many here... so we decided to drop in on this guy we've
never met who was baptized like 6 years ago and we hadn't heard
anything about him, just had his address - was close to our house.  So
we walk over there and ring in and he ANSWERS!  My jaw about fell to
the floor...man, we were SO blessed.  So we got to have a lesson with
Przemysław and that was SWEET, told him to come to church, man... God
totally blessed us this week, we did NOT accomplish our goals through
our own power, of that I can surely testify.

We also had some really powerful lessons this week, lessons where I
felt like my face was hot because I was concentrating so hard and
hoping so much that the people would accept and act on our message.
Especially Kamila - she's our age, and is such an AWESOME young lady
with SO much potential, I sure hope she'll come to church soon.

Also, so sometimes when Izabela - who has a baptismal date on December
8th, answers her phone, she goes 'Hey-Hey, Ho-Ho' and it's just so
cute and funny so I said back, 'hey-hey, ho-ho' and she laughed, and
then I laughed and then we chatted for a while and such... Later that
night we had a lesson with her, I think it was on tithing - which she
ACCEPTED to pay!!!  - and after the lesson she walked with us to our
tramwaj stop and sister B. asked her why she says 'hey-hey, ho-ho' and
she was all like, well haven't you ever heard of the fairytale about
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves?  Well we don't know the word for
Snow White or Seven Dwarves in POLISH so we're like, 'NO!  Tell us!'
and haha she starts in on this story, she's linked arms with Sister B.
and I'm just walking along side listening to this cute little
middle-aged polish woman tell us a Fairy tale about a princess!?!  And
we're walking down a beautiful street in Poznan!?!  It was one of
those times where I was just full of joy about to burst and giggling
at the fact that we actually knew what story it was after about 30
seconds and, oh man.  Life is good, isn't it?  I love it!  So much to
be thankful for, especially right now, I feel so, so, so blessed.

The other night we were so hungry and yet neither of us seem to cook
quite up to par...so we ate like broccili and popcorn for dinner, that
was fun... Are you college kids getting enough to eat?  We should make
a pact to eat better, eh?  Haha, so fun.
Another time this week, we were walking over to go tracting when we
saw some people unloading furniture, it looked way too big to unload
but Sister B. asked if we could help - she's so cool, and ALWAYS
looking for ways to help, and she's SO good with people!  Man, I'm
learning so SO much from my companions, it's just crazy.

Other than this all, I want to say a bit to each of my siblings, but I
only have 7 minutes and still have to copy and paste some stuff
because the computer wasn't working earlier - OH I HAVE SO MUCH STILL
TO SAY!...oh well...

O.k. well, I just love you all SO MUCH! 
AAAh!  The church is so true, love you all!
- Siostra Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment