Monday, December 17, 2012

Goldi Lox & Chicken Pox

Well, folks... Once upon a time, Sister B. was like, I have this weird sore on my thumb... and a couple hours later, yeah and my head itches... day later... little red boils ALL OVER her body... so we went to the doctor and she goes, 'Ospa, na pewno, ospa.'  To znacze  CHICKEN POX!  Man... crazy... my companion has the chicken pox.  She already had it when she was a kid...and so did I... so I've been a bit worried that I'll get it, but so far, so good.  Anyways, we've been under quarantine and in seclusion for like three days in the same 30 square feet... yeah, fun stuff.  We've called EVERYONE I think we could call in the Area Book.  And EVERYONE in the phone.   We're not allowed to leave the house...so we've been creative, cleaning, making Christmas Cards, studying Polish, decorating the apartment for Christmas.  And now we're at the Reed's apartment e-mailing everyone!   We've been in our apartment for like three days... Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and today.. MAN!  That's like FOUR days... haha, good thing i have the best missionary in the world for a companion - we were up some nights with her in major pain, but it's working out and everything will be okay, she's on the mend.
But what have I learned this week?  How much I really love being out doors and working with people.  I love the work.  Also, I have learned that we can still be really productive as we are at home!  I get worried I'm not being productive enough, but hey... doing my best!    In the one lesson we did have this week - okay we had three... but there was one which I remember the most, where the woman kept saying, 'Well why does God let bad things happen to good people?  Why is there so much death and distruction?  Why is one man born rich and another poor?'  She was so frustrated and upset.  I quietly testified that she could find those answers as she read the Book of Mormon... sad thing is, this woman is also a member, and she loudly replied, 'I've read it and you can't find those answers, we'll never know them.'  I also heard about the school shooting this last week and I know that it may be hard for us (Mom and I) to understand, I was sad about it even and haven't really heard any details - which is fine, don't need to hear any details... however, I read a talk by President Monson titled, 'He Is Risen' given in the May 2010 General Conference...not sure which session.  It was amazing and just what I needed, so if any of you need some answers, read that talk, also I encourage you to talk with God about this, don't shut him out.  If you have questions like this, God is the answer.  HE IS LOVING.  HE KNOWS YOU.  And he cares more about the children of the earth than anyone.  If you want to blame anyone for bad things, blame Satan, or the natural man, or both, they are enemies to God.  But don't blame god.  Also don't think you know better than Him, if something is happening in your life, maybe it's for a reason.  Learn.  Love.  Don't hate.  And don't get the chicken pox on your mission... haha...

We had a really spiritual experience when the Elders brought us the sacrament yesterday, they blessed it right there in our little apartment and it was just so good.  The spirit was there and I felt so special, that God had sent me His Son, to die for me, and to perform the Great Atonement and he would have done it just for me and my companion there in that little room if needs be because the worth of souls is so great to Him!  Oh it is WONDERFUL!  I'm so grateful for the Savior, and grateful we get to celebrate his birth this time of year.  There are Christmas lights and a big tree in down town Poznan and people are out buying presents.  A regular halla-baloo!  So fun.  

Speaking of Poznan, I also have some pretty big news... drum-roll please...I'm being transferred!  Yep, cried about it this morning for a while, and thought about all the crazy good times I've had in Poznan.  This last transfer has been a serious BLAST, we're so close to some baptisms, I can just feel them.  I wish I could hang around for a little bit longer, especially with Sister Bezdjian, I love this girl so much!  She has taught me how to really work.  I love her for all she has taught me, for who she is, and that she even thinks I'm kind of cool.  Thanks Sister B!  Maybe next week will be an Ode to Sister Bezdjian... and a Welcome to WARSAW!  I'll be in Warsaw for a while with Sister Sheahan.  Super excited about that.  I met a guy who knows her right before my mission. He wrote down his name on a napkin and gave it to me and told me to give her a big hug for him... um not sure where the napkin is but it was a tall big blonde guy with lots of charisma, maybe she'll just know him... I plan on giving her that hug on Wednesday, when I'll be leaving Poznan.  

Yep, so that's the craziness of my life right now.  But guess what, I LOVE IT!  The work goes forward, everyone, and everyday I see the Lord's hand.  I'm learning PATIENCE.  I'm learning DISCIPLINE.  I'm learning lots, and it's so good.
Mom, Dad, Gregg, Nathan, Spencer, Rachel, James, Luke, and Hyrum, hope you know I pray for you every day!  I'm sending you Christmas presents -- maybe just a letter to gregg... but they'll be late, so just wait for them!
P.S. Jenny, yes my hair is getting longer, maybe it's the humidity, maybe because I'm not playing with it as much, maybe just cuz I've prayed for it so long and now it's coming true! :)  Thanks for noticing!  I love you tons girlie and I hope everything is good where you are, thanks for helping my family with lizards and such.
P.P.S. JAMES!  I'm sorry I thought that was NELLA dancing, SO COOL that you did a dance, like seriously, I'm proud of you.
P.P.P.S. Nate-  you went to another school dance... and with the cross country team!  Oh I'm beaming! :) :) :)
P.P.P.P.S. Luke haha... nice, letting the cat lick off your face, you are too cute.
P.P.P.P.P.P.S Sister Ostler, I got your e-mail, thanks you're the best!  Get better soon, Love ya!
- Siostra Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment