Thursday, December 27, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!
I'm here in Poland, and the weather has been pretty cold, it got colder when I moved to WARSAW!  Yep, I'm in Warsaw now and not in Poznan anymore.  I miss my Poznan family a lot ,but I'm also really excited for this new place.  After packing and getting ready to leave Poznan, Sister Bezdjian, chicken pox and all, took me to the train station with the Reeds.  I tried to call a few people to tell them I'd be leaving Poznan, but I didn't get to talk to everyone, so sorry to anyone I missed!  I still love you!  And really wanted to say goodbye, only thing was, I didn't know until Sunday night and we couldn't leave the house so... whoops.  I bought a Lech Poznan scarf - blue and white stripes - proud of myself on that one, I hate buying things but HAD to have something from my favorite city in the world... so yep.  (p.s. someone should look at the reed's blog - did we have a baptism in Poznan or not?  I WANT TO KNOW!  DID MARCIN GET BAPTIZED?!?  Who baptized him?  How does he look?)

Gave a hug good bye to Sister B. and headed on down the hallway of the train to find an open spot, I went in and asked a man if I was in the right spot and he told me I could stay and then went on to haul my stuff up on a rack - SO NICE because it was SO HEAVY!  I got to talking to him, and another lady in the train, they were the nicest people EVER and I got to share the Restoration with them and got their ADDRESSES!  And sent them BOOKS OF MORMON already!  So awesome, the spirit was there, and the CHURCH IS TRUE!
Then I met my companion for the second time... I met her once really quick on my second day in Poland, but her name is Sister Nicole Sheahan.  You may have heard of her before.  She has a song on one of the EFY C.D.'s  - yeah she's basically famous...haha, just don't tell her that I don't think she believes it.  She's really humble, kind of quiet, but fun and nice and a red-head.  And since we all know how I feel about red-heads (Tasha...Tom...Tonja...Jacob) this will be super GREAT! :) (p.s., I love red-heads) Sister Sheahan has just showered me with compliments this last week, and I'm so grateful for her confidence in me.  She's super nice and a good cook, also a vegitarian, that'll be interesting :) haha...

Anyhoo...I am really grateful for this new start, I'm ready to start over fresh and really hit the ground running.  The first few days here I've done just that and it's been AMAZING the difference I feel, just being CONFIDENT!  I know that I'm supposed to be in Warsaw.  We're starting from small numbers here, but we're getting tons of contacts a day and the next transfer is going to be a blast!  When I say small numbers, though, I'm not talking about members.  We have a CHAPEL in Warsaw!  I saw it for the first time on my first day here in Warsaw and it made me cry - literally.  WE HAVE A CHAPEL IN POLAND!  YEaH!  Oh man... that was cool. 

I just know that the church is true, more than ever in my life I know it.  I know that Christ lives.  He loves us.  He wants us to be happy and he wants us to be confident.  He also is willing to give us a new start, everyday if need be.  So I encourage all of you with this new year to set some goals, shoot for the sun, and if you fall among the stars it's okay!  I know that you can do anything God sees expedient in Him.  I loved studying that word this week, 'expedient' - Ask for the Spirit to be in more abundance in your life, He can lead and guide you.  Just yesterday we asked the Lord to guide us to someone on the streets.  Sister S., when I asked her what our contact was going to look like, said 'she's a young college student' = guess what!  We found this girl who says she prayed yesterday morning to be able to talk to some sort of priest because she felt lost... then she ran into US!  We're set up for two weeks away, and GOD KNOWS HER!  And He definitely knows YOU.

Remember the true meaning of Christmas!  Christ will be there for you always!
Love,
Siostra Amber Allen

p.s. there was a lot more I wanted to say, but I want to play basketball...WHAT?  HAha, yeah I'm going to play basketball...in a chapel... in Poland...With some elders and sisters of the only true church on this crazy planet we call Earth!  Wahooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment