Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day Yesterday! :)


Did anyone get pinched?  I wanted so bad to pinch some people...lots of the Elders totally forgot...and they acutally DON'T celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Poland.  That was a shocker.  They celebrate hard core on a lot of other holidays...maybe they have something against the Irish.  Just kidding.  Anyways, I wore green, and look who I saw yesterday!  POZNAń!!!! Oh man I saw Marian and Marlena and Marta and Regina!  I wanted to cry but was basically too happy so just smiled big instead.  I LOVE THEM!  I miss my Poznańers.  They are so amazing and my first family in Poland.  Marta recently got her mission call to Chicago and I'm SO stoked for her.  She's so cute.

We had a Warsaw District Conference this weekend and the President of the Madrid, Spain Temple... I think...Elder Faustino Lopez was visiting Authority.  The talks given were great and I especially loved Sister Nielson's talk.  That woman is a fireball.  I want to be like her when I grow up!  She reminds me of my mom, who is also a fireball, only brunette!  haha... 

This week was truely a week of miracles again! Many things came together to just make it so energy filled and amazing. My companion is so good at picking out miracles and I'm grateful for her perspective.  Probably the most amazing experience this week was maybe when Maria was able to come over to the Cordova's house and spend some time learning about who she is and what the Plan of Salvation has in store for her! She also got to hear it in her native tongue (spanish... Jenny!) ...and here in Poland! I actually always wanted to learn Spanish and was pretty sure I'd be learning it on a mission some day, I'd had myself convinced...haha well God had other plans, but it was nice of him to but some random Mexicans in my life here in Poland, because I LOVE them! 
Lessons learned this week... I need to be less prideful, and more charity filled. I also need to not be a stress ball. Things really are fine. I need to take a big breath and remember, like Gordon B. Hinckley said, everything is going to turn out alright. I've just got to keep repenting and working harder! :)

My companion and I are doing great. Sister Howells and I had a surprise when Sister Nielson showed up for our Planning Session on Friday.  That was a treat!  She brought a letter from my mom with her!  Yay!
Also this week we met with a super sweet family.  The one son is about Spencer's age and has a hard time reading because he is dislexic.  But he's such a cool young man.  I can see him as a deacon passing sacrament and I just want to take him to church with me... really I just want to take them all home with me...take them to the Celestial Kingdom with me.  We asked the boy to read from the przedmowa in the book of Mormon and he did a great job and his parents were in awe that he read for us.  They're youngest, who is a little girl, was also really nice to us and gave us high-fives and stuff and her parents also said she never warms up to people that fast.  People these are SIGNS...we're not just nice people that your kids react to in a good way, there is the Holy Ghost at work here and if you could just recognize it!  It was cool to see their family's dispositions change through the course of the lesson, from skeptical to, 'yeah you can come back!'  YEAH WE CAN COME BACK!  So awesome.  Then AFTER that lesson, we had to find a bus to get home and that's always an adventure and we walked in a different way than that of which we'd came but I felt good about it and we ended up getting on the wrong bus and then getting on another one that would take us straight home and I met an awesome MOM who asked me TONS of questions and I gave her a pamphlet and got her number.  We were totally supposed to be on that random bus at that time of night!  And I was supposed to open my mouth!  You know sometimes it's really hard to open your mouth because the last 8 people have shoved your words down your throat or told you that you're a sect and you aren't christian...and you just have to have faith that maybe this one will listen.  It's sort of hard to keep that perspective...but you just fight against that and work even when it hurts and I love it.
It actually makes me glad that my brothers like cliff jumping and living to the X-treme... Because when you are cliff jumping you kind of just have to... DO IT.  Same with ropes course stuff, we have to just JUMP for the ring, LET GO of that belt on the giant swing... and in life sometimes you just have to DO IT.
Well I've got 5 minutes left... and I just want to tell you how much I love you all!  Thanks everybody for your e-mails, I haven't read them all yet but I see that maybe some cousins and an aunt wrote to me!  THANKS GIRLS!  I love you!   NEVER STOP PRAYING! 
I'm so excited for conference!  I'm so excited to keep learning Polish this week and shoot for the Sun!  
I know there is something I'm forgetting but hopefully I'll remember later to tell you I guess!
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is TRUE!  The book of mormon is TRUE!  (ah that's it... this week I was reading about Moroni, CAPTAIN MORONI that is... and he gets angry...it says the word angry 3 times... anyone want to explain to me how angry is okay?  haha... cuz sometimes I get angry... but I'm hoping it's a Moroni type of angry... and that thanks to that motivation I can fortify some cities and change some things!)
Love you all again!
- Sister Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment