Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oh that I were an Angel...

Wow, well I spent a lot of time writing president today, so this one will be short.  I didn't read much of your e-mails, just Nathan's, because that sounds like the biggest news this week.  I know that Christ knows your pain, Nathan, and I hope you will be happier sooner than later, because you deserve it, you're always making me smile...so knowing you're hurting makes me cry... so stop hurting so I can stop crying!  Goodness gracious...

I want to know a few things, 1. When does Sarah Hinton get home?  2.  When does Jenny Williams leave?  Did you go to her farewell?  3.  You haven't goten my first package!  Just my second one!?  4. When you send me a birthday package...haha... you don't have to...however I would like some duct tape, my warts are coming back... 5. When is Shon going getting married?  haha just kidding...

Well, this week was...more interesting than others...numbers were down...but my companion kindly reminds me that numbers aren't important and that we were working hard and that she hasn't seen these kind of numbers in a long time and that we should be grateful... Oops! I got so excited to try to get the standard again this week that I got weak in my gratefulness. I'm grateful for a companion to keep me in line. A companion who has had other companions and worse experiences with the work so I can remember how LUCKY I am.

This week I've been crawling inside of my skin to CHANGE THE WORLD. I don't always have this kind of motivation, so I should be grateful for it, but I'm just feeling super stoked and it's a nervous kind of pressure building inside of me and I need some outlet. I'm hearing lots of rumors about how Warsaw WAS 20 years ago... I hear rumors of why it's not in such a good shape TODAY. I am sick of hearing the problems and want to find the solutions as well as put in place reinforcements so that things like that don't happen AGAIN. I want to do some preventative work and some reconstructing - but I'm not seeing how exactly I can do that. The members, a lot of them, have lost hope that the church in Poland will ever grow. There's lots of pressure on the missionaries to baptize, baptize, baptize, but without the hope of the members, it's going to be real hard, and that's a fact. Several members have informed me of their lost hope and they just don't belive that missionaries can even DO anything. I'm sick of being told that we CAN'T DO ANYTHING. I did NOT come on a mission to just find some people on my own and get them baptized and leave. I know God sent us here to make a DIFFERENCE. We CAN do things and we can do BIG things that have LONG TERM effect in POLAND. I just am not sure how to inspire hope in our members.  I'm about ready to have a ropes course activity where we learn to communicate and be LOUD. Anyways, do you have any ideas about how to inspire the members to have HOPE?! I'm working hard and trying to help our companionship work hard and I can only hope that will inspire them...the fact that I'm trying, I'm running, I'm dead tired at the end of the day, I'm trying not to waste time... Is there anything else we can do to inspire our members?

Yes, so I, like we read in Alma this week, feel like Alma who wants to be an Angel and just shake the world.  But I sin in such a wish because really I should be grateful for what I have and love it!  I will work on that this week. 

Besides this all, our miracle story, well there's lots of them. This week perhaps it was Dogmara who actually read to 1 Nephi 7 this week. She started meeting with us and she was looking down more, her hair in her face, and every time we meet with her I feel a bit more strength in her...I'm excited to see her change even more thanks to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I think she really is feeling the truth of the message and the fact that she READ this week was SO refreshing!

I learned this week that motivation can only be truly found through Christ. I'm grateful for Him and His mission and His Gospel and His Church - It's TRUE! It's all true! And I'm so excited to be a part of it!

I'm bursting with energy right now - the sun is shining and it's a BEAUTIFUL day and we went for a run this morning and I just feel so refreshed and we're going to go grocery shopping here in a minute and i recorded something for you all but don't have time to attatch it, maybe next week.  I love the work, everyone, I love the work.  I love hard things and overcoming them and looking back and laughing.  I love making right decisions being CLEAN and being GRATEFUL.  I'm grateful that we have a Savior to show us the way.  I'm grateful for the book of mormon which has completely been speaking directly to my soul these past few days.  READ IT! 

I love you all,stay strong,
- Siostra Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment