Tuesday, April 2, 2013

oh...I forgot a cool title...

Dear Family Sorry I didn't get to e-mail yesterday, I get to e-mail now for the next half an hour so, here I go! For 'exercise' yesterday morning we decided that making snowmen would be some sort of exercise.  It was GORGEOUS and the snow was deep and white and good packing stuff.  So we made a snow man.  The second one I made this week... the other one on a lunch break in front of Stalin's Tower in Warsaw, Poland... what is this crazy life?  Aaah!  I love it!
This week we had lots of lessons but we set a goal and didn't achieve it and sometimes I let that get to me...when I shouldn't...let it fire me to do more!  YES!
Sounds like, from what I read, that you are all doing well, and that makes me super oober happy!

The Most Amazing thing that happened this week was a lesson we had with a man named Andrzej, Sister Howells contacted him and got his number and gave him a book of mormon a couple weeks ago and he came and met with us. He is so awesome, has two daughters - he's divorced, but they are all in Warsaw still... - and anyways, he reads the bible and doesn't know which church is true! He also prayed the same way we do! I told him afterwards how impressed I was with his prayer. He acted as if it was nothing big and just said 'well I read the bible' -- YEAH!
What I learned: I need to know the Bible better. I also of course need to know my Book of Mormon refrences, and use that because it is the keystone of our religion... anyways, I am working on it!
Fact of the matter is, as a people we should know our scriptures.  I hope that everyone is reading their scriptures, every day!  Please do it, cousins included, yes, Syd, Mazie, Ellie, Ki, Sasha, Teancum, Nella, Nikayle, Goldie... um and I don't have time to write everyone's names! :) But I do love them all, believe me!

I know there was about a million other things I wanted to say to you all but I can't remember them at this current time.  However, know that I love you so, so much!  Easter wasn't the same with out  ya!  I'm so, so stoked for General Conference, I have so many questions and so many weaknesses and I really want to hear more about how I can re-consecrate and re-dedicate my life to the Lord!  I want to know how to best help these people here in Poland!  I also am working hard at improving my Polish.  Everyone still talks about Sister Folsom and how good her polish was, she was my trainer...so that means I have the potential to be as good at polish as she was right?  Haha...maybe not, she was so amazing.  But I'm working on it! 

So yeah, I already mentioned the weather, there's TONS of snow here, how about there?
Oh yeah!!! Last night I went to Singing in the Rain!  IT was SO GOOD!  I want to write to Rishi about it because it just reminds me of her and how she had a crush on Jean Kelly and...yeah...

What else...one sad thing I'm seeing in the world is that people are too happy...haha that sounds bad... they are just like too satisfied with what they have, so they aren't looking for the gospel.  BUT WE ALL NEED IT!  And life is so much better with it!  Sometimes I look at the Polish people and just want to cry cuz I want to give the gospel to all of them!  and I want to do it right away!  Impatient Sister Allen will just be learning patience, that's all... someday...someday there will be chapels dotting Poland.  And we're going to baptize.

yes, so I know the Church is True.  I know that God loves us!  I know that everything will work out the way it should!  I love you soo much!
-  Sister Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment