Monday, July 29, 2013

Fragile: Souls

This week we had an awesome experience when we ran into a family again that we had met about two weeks ago. We LOVE them they are so cute! We had planned to go out to a girl's house to visit her, she told us she wasn't interested and we hadn't had a whole lot of luck out there, but as we came back home we met that family and then knew why we'd gone out there! So glad that God puts people in our paths!

Also a cool experience, when I called a girl on our potentials list and she told me she had gone to her catholic priest and talked to him about the Book of Mormon.  Apparently he had told her not to read it and that they don't believe in it.  He also somehow explained to her that we are responsible for Adam's transgressions - which we are not.  So I explained to her how we are not responsible for another person's sins and that babies are pure and holy.  I told her she could read and pray about it and ask God for an answer and not to ask a priest or to ask the missionaries or anyone else, but to ask God.  She asked how she could recognize an answer.  This is such a hard question for me.  Because the answer is VERY specific for every person.  But it's through the Holy Ghost - I explained it will feel good and happy and asked her how she feels when she does something good for someone else - kind of like that!  Yes.  So I know that child baptism is an incorrect tradition.  I also know that the Book of Mormon is so true.  I know that something has to be 100% prawdziwy to be of God.
There was a hard lesson we had with a man  here in Kraków this week as well, he told us that we are making up our religion, that every religion has a book or something tangible like the Book of Mormon that they base their belief off of.  He said that when we pray we're just making up our answers that God is giving us.  He says that there's a certain way the brain works ---yadda-yada-yada.  And that was pretty much the whole meeting.  He was thinking up a pschyciological and theological and scientific way to explain everything.  But he still believes in God... that's the weird thing.  He thinks that God just doesn't get involved in our lives... WHOA.  The mnóstwo amounts of dziwny rzeczy są tutaj... And yet we just testify and hope they'll someday see the light.  I know God answers prayers.  I know He lives.  I know that I need to trust Him more.  I'm repenting of it and will do better this week, it's a promise.

I want to speak better polish.  I want to see some people baptized.  I want, I want, I want - Haha!  That's very selfish, I just realized. 
These people need us here, and we're here to just show them that God loves them.  Even if it is through my smile.  So I'm going to strap my smile back on and head out there again.  One more day, Lord, once more into the fray.
I'm glad that it's hard, I guess, so I can experience the joy of the days and moments that are good that much more.  I'm glad it's hard so I could say I served a mission in Poland for the Savior.  I'm not the only one out here.  I also don't believe Poland is really a 'hard' place, it's just getting softened and some day these catholic churches are going to be changed into Stake centers if I have anything to do with it.
I love you all!
- Sister Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment