Monday, October 15, 2012

My Brother's an ELDER!!!

Oh man, I just got done reading one of Gregg's letters.  What a stud.  He's an ELDER!  And he's learning how lazy americans are...and how grateful we should be for our family, and just how much he loves us all, he's gaining weight like a good missionary should ... and man, I just LOVE MISSIONS!  The things they do for people is unreal.  UNREAL!
 
You know what else is unreal?  This week we had a MOM in Sacrament Meeting and we also had TWENTY-FIVE PEOPLE in Sacrament Meeting - most we've had since like my first transfer.  SO AWESOME! 
 
WHOA!!! WAIT WHAT!  I am skipping back and forth between reading letters and writing this dang e-mail and I just saw that TASHA IS PREGNANT!  WHAT IS THIS!  Aaaah!!!!! I'm SO HAPPY, I'm going to be an AUNT!  :) Haha, please do tell Tasha that her kids will call me Aunt Amber, it's going to be a party.  Oh man, Congrats to Tom and Tasha, my favorite red-headed couple in the whole world!!!  And TIFFANY is putting in mission papers?! and got accepted to BYU-Idaho?!!!  AWESOME!!!  Well, if any of these are rumors, I'm sure sorry... but they make me excited anyways!  So yeah...
 
Well, mom, you asked about the lady with an older fourty year old son... I'm not quite sure who that is, maybe Łucja?  We are not still teaching her, no.  The mother who we had the miracle meeting with (Kamila) never answers her phone and we saw her from her window once and she hurried and closed the window - so pretty sure she's avoiding us.  It happens alot, but I'm trying to get used to it.  The woman who had a baptismal date - Izabela - no longer has one, she also didn't answer her phone for like 2 weeks and flaked us three times.  She randomly called us this morning and set up a meeting tonight, so not really sure where that's going, but no, she doesn't have a baptismal date any more.  Matylda's family hasn't come to church, we invited Matylda to church yesterday, but she didn't come.  We have another meeting with that young mom and dad this week, though!  And there was a mom, Ola, who came to church with her two kids, a girl and a boy!  So fun!  We have a lesson with her tonight as well, so that will be awesome!
 
I woke up yesterday with what felt like a sinus infection.  I was expecting to make it through my whole mission without getting sick because when I got set apart, the Stake President said I'd be healthy like 3 times in the blessing!  Haha, but alas, here I am with stuffy nose and sort of achy head.  It's okay, I work through it, and life goes on!  I worry about my voice, though, if that goes... well... I didn't realize how much a missionary really needs her voice! 
 
O.k. besides this all I guess I ought to tell you some more stories...
 
So one day this week we were walking along the streets of Poznań and getting NAILED.  Like people were laughing at us and being rude and not stopping to talk and I was actually fine with it all, but I think Sister Folsom at that particular moment was feeling pretty...well...nailed.  And then randomly, some lady says to me, 'are you alright?'  (of course she said it in polish...)  And I go, 'yeah, why?'  She's so kind and an older woman with dyed black hair, but really young style clothes - she's like, 'well you just looked tired!'  'Haha!  Maybe I am a bit,'  'Well I am too,' she says - WHAT!  NO ONE EVER just TALKS to me!  It was so cool, then Sister Folsom came up and we talked to Beata for a while and she was so kind and has been to the States - to Oregon - which is where Sister Folsom is from.  So it was just awesome.  Then the NEXT person we meet is Elżbieta.  This woman KNOWS THE BIBLE!  NO ONE EVER KNOWS THE BIBLE!  People here say, 'the bible is enough for me' but no one has read it.  Even the Jehovah's Witnesses who claim they know the bible front to back haven't really read the whole thing through.  If they have, they completely ignore the fact that it doesn't make any sense with out the restoration!  So anyways, both of these women gave us their contact information and it was just great.  THEN!  I saw Bogusia!  (Boh-Goo-SH-UH)  (Yeah, the names here are out of WHACK! and AWESOME!)  she is one of our investegators who got offended at church and has been sick and just hasn't made time to meet.  So she wanted to use a computer with internet...just so happens we were headed back to the chapel and there's one there!  So we got to walk her back to the chapel and give her time on the internet.  Then we had a lesson with her on Word of Wisdom - which she AGREED to live!  And then the Elders gave her a priesthood blessing cuz she's been sick.  So great! 
 
Basically, if things are hard, and you're feeling like you're getting nailed... just wait, God's got something SO COOL in store for you.  I probably write about things like this every week... but that means God is pretty consistant, eh?  Yeah, it means we can surely TRUST HIM!  Because God knows how to give good gifts.  And he knows how to succor his children.  He especially loves us missionaries.  And if you want to feel especially loved... try being a missionary.  You can do it wherever you are, and whenever.  Do you know how AMAZING it is that so many of you know so many MORMONS?  There are no mormons in Poland... well there are a few... but the ones that are here I think at times feel very lonely.  I wish they could see a picture of my ward, a picture of the young woman's.  I wish they could talk to you and feel of your love and know they're not alone.  I wonder why I'm so blessed sometimes.  And it's really because my ancestors chose to live the gospel... and probably somewhere long long ago somebody followed the spirit to move to America.  You Americans don't have a clue how much you've got!  Seriously... You're so blessed.
 
God really is in the details of our lives.  Pray for help.  Read your BIBLE.  And KNOW your BIBLE.  It's true too, remember?
Love you tons, especially Mom, Dad, Gregg, Nathan, Spencer, Rachel, James, and Luke.  I can't tell you how much I love you guys.  I'm going to try to write a letter today and get it in the mail.  I also have a voice recorder I might try recording something and sending it next week, with pictures, no promises though!
 
LOVE YA TONS
The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is TRUE!
- Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment