Monday, October 22, 2012

Ode to Sister Folsom

 
Luke asked: Have you gotten to give out Books of Mormon this week? Is it getting cold? I feel so sick and my head hurts, maybe you gave me your sickness. Are you feeling better?

I'm feeling MUCH better, I gave out 9 Books of Mormon this week BUT this week was the best EVER because we had 22 LESSONS!  That's the most I've had in one week my whole mission!  And yes, it's getting colder, but last week was also REALLY warm for some reason - people call it a Golden Polish Autumn here instead of an Indian Summer like they do in the States.  It's been so GORGEOUS with all the leaves changing.  Last night there was lots of MIST though, tell me if you got the story I recorded and if you listened to it!
To all the BYU fans, I'm sorry about Riley and Notre Dame and stuff. That's a bummer.  Hey but maybe it's not meant to be, eh?
Well, my companion of four months is going home... it's weird.  Really weird.  But today I thought I'd just write about some things she's taught me:
 
Sister Folsom taught me how to cry when you eat really hot pizza.
Sister Folsom taught me how to never say anything negative, you never know who's listening that you'll bring down with you.
Sister Folsom taught me how to adopt an Eternal Perspective.
Sister Folsom taught me how to always listen to the Spirit, and to learn to recognize it.
Sister Folsom taught me to boot shop in the rain.
Sister Folsom taught me how to LOVE the people, LOVE the language, and LOVE the FOOD! :)
Sister Folsom taught me that when all else fails, MOże Być
Sister Folsom taught me you don't have to get all the right answers to get an 'A'
Sister Folsom taught me that the church is TRUE, it's all TRUE, no matter WHAT others may say, it's all TRUE.
Sister Folsom taught me that my gifts and talents were given to ME to add to God's storehouse and contribute to His kingdom in a unique way that only I can do it.  She said it's not just to catch a cool husband when I get home - it's to build God's kingdom.  So I better use my talents WISELY and realize that even if I can't do something the way she does, or the way someone else does, I'm here because God knew he could use ME, with all my weaknesses and flaws and everything!
Sister Folsom taught me that SATAN is the one telling me ooh, that's really annoying, I'm annoyed and that he's the one telling me I can't do this  It's Satan that whispers little lies to me and when I get frustrated I need to not only recognize what God's saying to me but see how I'm letting Satan in and to STOP it.
Sister Folsom taught me how to get to Kutno, Poland :)
Sister Folsom taught me how to go on an adventure in the mists of darkness, holding on to the iron rod, and making it to the TREE OF LIFE!
Sister Folsom taught me how to make life a PATTERN of PRAYER!
 
Yep, she taught me a TON and so much more I don't have time to write as of now!  But I really love her, and Poland will miss her a lot.  Good luck, Sister Folsom!
O.k., so my new companion will be Sister Bezjdian!!!  I'm SO EXCITED!  Change will be really good for me right now!  I will be staying in Poznań with her for the next two months - which are also the HOLIDAYS!  I'm excited to spend the holidays in my favorite place in the world!  It's going to be sweet!
 
Just so you all know, we're teaching three families right now!  It's really such a blessing!  I am so, SO blessed.  This last week was just a miracle.  One of my favorite things, when I felt the spirit so strong, was when we were walking down this street away from Pan Wojtek's place (remind me to tell you about him) and I said hello to this really old woman.  She said, 'hello, do I know you?' and was a bit startled.  I said, no, I just say hi to everyone.  She said, as she started to cry in a really shaky voice, 'well that's good!  I'm pleased!  Good to know there's still people like that out there,' and then she started to walk back to her house.  SAY HELLO to EVERYONE!  They need you more than you know.
I love you all, and smiles coming your way from Poznań]
Love,
Siostra Amber Allen





No comments:

Post a Comment