Saturday, February 16, 2013

17 Flakes, 2 Nuns, and 12 Doughnuts

Hello everyone, this is Ambers mother! Sorry it has taken me so long to post her email which she sent on Feb. 11, 2013


This week on Thursday was what Poles call 'Tłusty Czwartek' - it means FAT THURSDAY... it's this CRAZY day where EVERYONE eats tons of DOUGHNUTS or 'Pączki' - so President Nielson sends us this text that we aren't allowed to get sick but that he guesses that Elder VanBakel is going to win... at which point I'm like 'WHAT!  He can't win!  I want to win!' and we knew he was going for 36...so we bought 37 doughnuts... haha I have pictures but I have to wait to send them...cuz they're on my companion's camera... I ended up feeling really nasty after only like 8 and ended up deciding to only eat one for each kid I'm going to have some day - which is 12 :) haha so I ate 12 doughnuts and was pretty proud of myself.  I think I beat at least all the sisters in the mission, but I have yet to hear otherwise...

I went through my planner last night to see how many times we were set up and then people either cancelled or didn't show up - it was like 16 or 17 times - and we had 14 lessons this week so that's like 30 lessons we could have taught!  COOL!  I wish I looked at that more often, to feel better about myself. 


Besides all that, I got a birthday card from a former investegator in Poznań J haha my birthday isn’t for another like 3 months silly!
I realized, like mom, that it’s already been a year since I got my call – WHAT?!  Yep, February first I opened my letter from the Prophet!

The nun story – oh yeah.  So we hurried back to the church to meet with this lady named Kalina and we are walking up the pathway to the church when we see these two nuns!  They’re putting their faces up to the window of the church to see inside and so we ran up to the chapel (and walked of course professionally when they turned around) and asked if they’d like a tour.  So we gave a tour of our church, taught the nuns a Restoration, and gave them Books of Mormon – WHAT!  It was the coolest thing ever.  They were SO nice and SO open and it was weird – never thought they’d be like that.  But they were super cool. 

Congrats Gregg on your baptism in Brazil!  And thanks for your letter!
Also Congrats to Alison Barnes!  I GOT YOUR LETTER GIRL!  You’re gunna be the BEST!  Seriously, someone there in Arizona needs only YOU. 

And oh man, there was so much more I wanted to say today but I got caught reading e-mails instead of just writing!
Happy Birthdays to JAMES expecially and to Shon and Joshua I think and T.Ike and Arrel :)

My testimony of God is growing every day.  I know Christ lives and loves us.  This week I'm going to be MORE Obedient.  I'm going to LOVE more.  I'm going to WORK harder, FOCUS, and I'm going to just nail it.  This is my last full week with Sister Sheahan - I'm nervous for what comes next... I may be training... arg... But I'm stoked!

I love you all, the church is SO TRUE!
Love,
Sister Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment