Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sister Howells is Coming to Town!

Dear friends and family, 

Congratulations to Katherine!  :) Yay!  

Happy Birthday Grandpa Allen!

My companion goes home this Saturday and may be living in Provo sooner than later - so that means I will have like 3 companions in Utah in the next little while, you guys might have to have them all over for dinner or something :)

My new companion is SISTER HOWELLS!  I served with her in the MTC!  So that will be cool!
Happy Birthday Grandpa Allen!

This week was great...but I'm having trouble remembering what happened... haha... Oh how time flies when you're doing what you love!  I love the missionary work we get to do here, and just talking to people, learning new things, opening our eyes, and opening other people's eyes.  What a glorious adventure, this thing called life!  I would say the greatest experience was having Natalie call us back from my FIRST week in Warsaw and appologizing for not meeting with us and asked if she could meet with us last night!  Man, that was a cool lesson.  It was in English, which was hard, but it was also full of the spirit and her boyfriend, and less active member for most of his life, also started to realize how valuable this knowledge is as well... People sometimes just push away that which is most important in their lives and it's awesome that we get to be the ones to remind them about the important things - like what are you going to wish you'd done with your life in 20 years?  What are you SEARCHING for in life?  What role has God played in your life?  How are you blessed?  How can you help others?  How can you really progress in this life?  Giving people these kinds of questions is so refreshing.

What I learned from this experience, well, that there is always hope.  Even for Nick who has been in active since he was 12.  I know God loves that guy.  I know that if he lets God take his hand right now, he could have such a cool life, and turn a 360 and be a really awesome man...with maybe a really awesome Polish Mormon Wife!  YEAH!

My companion and I are doing good!  Sister Sheahan hasn't shown super nervous signs yet, so that's good.  Sister Folsom couldn't sleep before she left for home, so I'm glad that Sister Sheahan is at least getting her sleep.  We're still working super hard and she can't help but sleep!  Haha... No, but Sister Sheahan has really been a great companion, works hard, knows how to help these people and speak polish.  She's so awesome!  I love her and I'm excited to get to work with Sister Howells in the field!  Warsaw Transfer 2 here we come!

Love,
Siostra Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment