Monday, September 9, 2013

Unto Every Creature

Dear Family,
 
Whoa.  Trying not to stress... do you ever... yeah you probably do... feel like you have a million and a half things to do and no time in which to do them?  Yeah, that's how I feel!  But we get things checked off the list every so often, so that's cool! :)  And I should just enjoy the rush :)  YEAH!  Just going from 3 experienced sisters to one is a lot in a few days!  But guess what!  GOD IS ON OUR SIDE :) And what's the worst that could happen, i could go to jail, maybe a den of lions, have to walk accross a desert in the winter... nah, it's gunna be good! :)
 
This week has been crazy.  I know that several times this week I've had something happen and think, WELL, I'd better tell my family about that!  Then later okazało się że nie pamiętam!  Przepraszam!  Today it is rainy and a bit cold.  I've been meaning to tell you about the weather for a long time but keep forgetting.  It's starting to look a lot like FALL around here, and its psyching me out!  This is not happening!  (the passage of time, that is)  - crazy.
 
Well I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite people this week.  On Tuesday we did a free-board with the Elders and then went to Długas for our last time as a district.  Elder Walter left us this week, NOT COOL.  I'm gunna miss the man.  He's such an AWESOME święta osoba.  (Sorry I just feel like writing more in Polish today, sorry if you have to translate it.)  I also had to say goodbye to Sister Young and Sister Hemming.  Sister Hemming gets the privilege of opening up Kielce for Sisters, I'm so proud of her, she's going to do great things!  And Sister Young gets to go to the great city of Łódż (I was there on an exchange once and really liked it) - and she's going to get the Standard this transfer, I can just feel it :) :) :)  I'm so excited to see what these girls do with their missions and with their lives, they seriously are my heros.  (And I miss them like none other).
good bye to Siostra Young and Hemming


We met again wtih the Rooster ManApparently he's more famous than we think.  -- He talked to us more about aliens this time, aw the adventures!
 
We had a lesson with Anna and she asked to meet with the Sisters again the next day - she's SO AWESOME!  And she's like for sure going to get baptized!  HURRAH!  I'm so, so excited.  So excited that I squealed after she came to ALL THREE HOURS of CHURCH on Sunday!  Oh man, I love her! 
 
my new companion
 
Then I went to Warsaw this week to pick up my new trainee!  Her name is Sister King, from Utah.  She's spunky and has lots and lots of faith.  I'm excited because I prayed for my next companion to have lots of faith.  I really want to see miracles here in Kraków and now that I feel like I know a bit more how faith works after last week - not this last week, but the one before it - I just want to see it happen again.  And one thing this requires is NO DOUBTS.  I can't let them enter my mind.  It's a hard game, but I'm learning to play and it's awesome!
 
In Warsaw we had a fun time, but it was weird cuz there was more down time than I'm used to... You guys are really going to have to put me to work when I get back around because um... I don't like free time.  It's awkward and makes me feel all yucky.  In fact I think Elder Walter had it worse than I do, wonder if he's back in California pacing right now? :) Haha...
 
I got to then participate in a meeting with the leaders of the Poland Warsaw Mission - and I was super emotional and it was stupid.  The night before we'd had a testimony meeting and one of the Elders is 18 years old.  His name is Elder Fogg.  He's Nathan's size too, shorter, skinny, looks like he plays soccer, not blonde, but still... He was sick when he got into Warsaw, and so when he bore his testimony about being homesick and sick at the same time I just got thinking about Nathan and... then the next morning during testimony meeting Elder Rittmanic tells us a story about getting head-butted in the FACE!  I just started thinking about Nathan and Gregg and... lost it.  I stood up to bear my testimony and had a hard time getting the words out.  I thanked the Elders for their example.  I love the Elders of our mission, serioulsy, haven't met a bad apple yet!  I love every missionary in this mission, they're so STELLAR!  I just, man, I know that this work is real.  This church is TRUE!  God stands at the head of this work and He leads out in knowing where we ought to be and what we ought to do.  And because of that I know it's okay that I won't see Nate for so long.  I love you, Nate, and Gregg too!  Please don't get head butted in the face where I can't be there to punch the guy back for you.  o.k. no I'm not going to do that, but, aaah!  Stay safe.  Please? 
 
We met a girl in the train station who was wearing a white jeans jacket on with patches from star wars.  She gets together with other people and like re-enacts starwars scenes or something, not quite sure.  She was cool.  We magically got 16 lessons again this week, a lot of street lessons, but AWESOME stuff, we're going to get 15 lessons every week this transfer, especially if you pray for us to get it and you have faith with me :)  It's gunna be sweet!
 
I gave a talk on Nephi this last Sunday in church.  Because i have a cold, I was a bit worried that my cough wouldn't let me get through it.... It was good for me though, until the last like five minutes.  Then Brat Onken had to go get me a drink of water.  I love our branch! :) :) and it just got bigger, I told you about the two new families that moved into our branch, right?  Cool.  SO COOL.
 
Listen to the Spirit this week, everyone, it's real and it works!
I read in Mormon this morning - everyone is dying and it's so sad, that must have been so hard.  But I know Mormon had the spirit with him and he said something about preaching the gospel to every creature :)  So I'm going to do that, every CREATURE!
 
Love you all so, so, so much,
-Siostra Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment