Monday, October 21, 2013

Seek those things which are above...

"Let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful." - Colossians 3:15
 
I've been trying to find Peace this week... He's an interesting character, that peace.  I'm not sure sometimes where to find him.  But I think I find him most when I'm thinking about others, when I'm thinking about the Savior.  :) And everything will work out, you know?
We had a lot of miracles happen this week, like the fact that Grzegorz and Dagna have more light in their eyes every time we meet with them... they read to 1 Nefi 9!  Cool!  And we ran into a really nice Baptist lady who took a Book of Mormon!  Then just my companion... she says things all the time that are so mądry.  Like, 'Kids are happy cuz they don't have that box in their head that is titled, 'what could go wrong'" - I need to burn that box in my brain... Then she talked about someone on their mission who felt like nothing was working and that the way wasn't opened until he prayed for it to be opened.  I'm going to pray for the way to be opened more often!
 
I had prayers answered a lot this week.  Even prayers that I didn't put much thought into, just little ones that I shot up and they came back at me fast... Like one day on the way home from the chapel, I prayed that we'd find someone who'd be interested, we had like five minutes before we'd be getting into our apartment for dinner, and because we'd been rejected a lot for quite a while and with no success I was feeling a bit desperate... Well there she was, an awesome young girl who gave us her number and is willing to meet and learn more, I think we gave her a book of Mormon! 
One night I prayed that we'd know where to go, that answer didn't come really so we just went where we thought was best, and turns out Agnieszka was ready in that apartment building to hear the message of the Restoration!  YES! 
Then just today, I was a bit frustrated because Preparation days are always so busy and hectic and I don't ever feel like I have enough time to get everything done that is needed... but I just prayed to God that he'd help me love being a missionary and still try to share the gospel today.  I got to give a book of Mormon to someone like 30 seconds later and get his phone number... that is... AWESOME. 
One prayer I had answered this week doesn't have a lot to do with missionary work, but I know it was God just touching base with me and reminding me that I'm His Daughter.  I was in a tramwaj and knew I'd be on it for a while so I started a conversation rather normally with a young student aged girl.  She's studying economics or something and I told her that sounds important and impressive and that I'm studying Elementary Education and sometimes feel that that isn't very impressive... teaching children 2 plus 2... etc.  Then she very strongly told me otherwise and really gave me a ton of reasons why being a teacher is a GREAT job.  She was so kind.  She didn't have to stand up for my kierunek, but she did.  Tears actually came to my eyes a bit, cuz I know in the back of my brain somewhere, there's  a little worrier, with wrinkles on his face, and purple under his eyes, and his neck muscles are really tight, and he takes notes and the Worrier thinks about school and what I'm going to study and if that's really where I ought to be and what I ought to do and the worrier is also in charge of hitting himself when he lets the normal part of my brain hear him worrying, he's not allowed to be heard while I'm still on my mission...  I also talked to Brother Onken this week about what I'm doing when I go h... and when I told him I was going to BYU-Idaho he got a big smile on his face - that's where he went to school - and he told me to go to the Faculty Jazz Concert that they have 2x a semester.  You know what, I know I'm supposed to study Elementary Education and at BYU Idaho everyone.  Thought I'd let you know that my prayers were answered this week.  Whoa... I didn't even realize that until I just wrote it out.  But cool!  Now we know. 
 
We ordered pizza for lunch once this week.  That was fun.
 
We made the sacrament bread.  And burnt it.  But then we just ripped off the burnt part and used it anyways... people complimented on it... but I've made better.
 
We really want REFERRALS this week!  We also want someone to take with us to go to the Conference in Katowice.  I really want to go.  We want some new investegators and some baptismal dates and some... I sound so needy.  I love what we've got.  We really do have SO much!  I am living in the prettiest city in Poland, I have the best food in the world, I get to speak POLISH everyday!  I love an HOUR of personal study in the mornings and listening to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing Christmas songs... or The Circle of Life... or I have some recent EFY favorites too.  I love praying for my family by name every night, and I love sunshine.  I love the Kraków Branch.  I love my planner.  I love the rush of the Spirit after a meeting where there was actually PROGRESS made!  I love receiving answers to prayers!  I love singing, and I love the song 'If You Could Hie to Kolob' And I love the Savior.  And Łukasz is getting baptized in Kraków this week - he's the Elder's investegator.  So stoked!  Maybe this means that Kraków is on a role... here we go, we need some more!  I know it can happen.  It's going to happen.  We're still going to see miracles and work our hardest!  While LOVING DEEPER.  I need to love deeper.  I need to love it ALL deeper, especially the hard stuff and the ugly stuff and the... yeah...
 
Well, this is enough rambling.  I love you all, and hope your week is FANTABULOUS!  Keep up the missionary work wherever you are and remember that the Church is SO true!
Love,
Siostra Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment