Monday, October 28, 2013

Miej do siebie cierpliwość.

Dear Family,
I am sort of blowing up inside.  Trying really hard not to be "trunky" - it's harder than I thought, actually... But it's all about controlling your mind, right?  Always was and always will be.  So I'm going to keep controlling my mind and work out my little soul this week, and next... and next and so on and so forth... It's really super unreal for me that time has flown by.  And I'm so used to Poland!  Jee wiz... Well, it made me cry that you were all hooping and hollering thinking about me coming h...  so I will probably cry when I see you again.  But for right now I'm going to tell you about some fun miracles this week:
 
Łukasz got BAPTIZED!  :) YEAH!  It was so smooth and awesome.  My favorite part was when Sister Anna Mucha gave a talk on Baptism!  WHAT!  And she spoke from the heart and it was so GREAT! She did SUCH a great job.  She spoke and didn't even look nervous, even though she said she was.  My favorite part of her talk was when she looked at Łukasz and said, I think if Christ were here he'd say, 'Hi Łukasz, I've been waiting for you...' And it brought tears to my eyes, and the Spirit was SO strong.  I'm so proud of her.  She's amazing.  We made cookies again for the baptism and they were delicious.  Oh another favorite part, when Elder Żelezniak forgot his shirt and Sister King and I had to run back upstairs to get it.  We had already taken off our shoes to be at the pool and so we got to run upstairs barefoot...oh how I miss being barefoot.  That was fun.  And then right before our musical number, President Kucia was filling in some time saying some nice words and Sister King was playing with her hymn book, the hymn books here are messed up, I can't wait till they have real ones... but anyways, she was playing with it because it's spiral ring bound but the pages are stuck together and she like accidentally ripped it too hard nad ripped it right in half, really loudly!  haha, everyone in the room had a good laugh, President Kucia made some funny remark about how he must be pretty boring if the Sister was playing with hymn books and destroying them... oh boy.  What a wonderful weekend.
 
Saturday night after the baptism, we still didn't have anyone to go with us to the District Conference.  I knew Sister King really wanted to go.  I didn't mind going but I really wasn't sure if I wanted to... it meant saying good-bye to a lot of people that I love.  So I just had mixed feelings.  But we looked through the phone and called Diana.  We'd just met her once and I'd talked to her for maybe 15 minutes or less on the street.  Well, she was like all down for going to the Conference with us!  So cool!  So she came with us, and turns out she's really awesome.  She's so cute and open and funny!  Haha, I hope that she will get baptized some day.  It was quite the adventure for her to come all the way to Katowice with us and meet a ton of Mormons! :) Yaya.
 
I got a PACKAGE from my lovely family!  And that was fun.  I just forgot to give some really important papers to President yesterday, pook pook... lame!  I guess it's a good thing I'll be in Warsaw next week to give it to the Office.  WHAT!  I want to just deny that I will be in Warsaw next week, I don't want to admit it.  I've just got to focus on the people and on the język.  I would love to just speak polish non-stop for the next 12 days.  That'd be awesome.  I think it'd just drive my companion off the walls though. 
 
Another awesome thing happened when we got to meet with Piotrek.  He's a super funny guy.  I love funny people.
 
I also learned more about our members this week - like the fact that Sasza was going to be a PRIEST and then changed his mind after two years thinking that he couldn't live in celibacy.  He's still single, poor guy.  I love him though, I wish I could just find all these single good mormon men in Kraków WIVES, they'd do so much GOOD as FATHERS!  Aaah! 
 
Today we are going to the Salt Mines and taking our Culture Night as well, it's going to be super fun!  But I also just worry that it will be too much fun, this morning I felt really lazy.  NOOooooooooOOOOOoooo!!!  No laziness allowed.  I think I'm going to try to work out harder this week, and study harder than ever, and just... be cooler than ever... yikes. 
 
Anyways, I know God lives and answers prayers!  I know He wants us to return to him!  Teaching a lesson about how Christ is our Savior to Dagna and Grzegorz this week, I just realized again how MERCIFUL God is, whoa.  What an amazing plan he has for us.  Dagna said that it's unfair that Christ paid the penalty for our sins.  She says she thinks we ought to pay for them ourselves and that is JUSTICE and that is FAIR.  She said that she wants to pay for her sins herself.  I have never looked at it quite that way, or something clicked aobut that, but really it ISN'T fair.  That's why it's so AMAZING, the plan that God has for us is AWESOME.  God loves us SO much.  And Christ loves us SO much.  He already paid for Dagna's sins, and he already paid for yours.  Don't make Him sad by insisting that you want to pay for your sins too.  Then the punishment will be suffered twice.  He already suffered for you.  Give it to him, let him love you!
 
I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true.  I LOVE wearing this Black name tag.  I love the craziness and adventures that a mission brings, but mostly I love the SPIRIT and the PEOPLE and the SAVIOR.  Wow.  This is the life.  I love it.
And I love you guys!
dozobaczenie,
-Siostra Amber Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment